What to Do at Caribou Crossing
Our signature BBQ lunch is freshly prepared and served up daily. Upgrade for the Museum package which includes access to the Husky Village as well.
These veterans of the Iditarod and Yukon Quest are eager to show you what they've got.
Whether you are partaking in one of the many activities or just driving the scenic Klondike Highway, stop in for our homemade soups and sandwiches. You'll have to try one of Grandma's donuts, made fresh daily. They go great with a cup of coffee, latte, or espresso made with our signature roast, Caribrew Coffee.Read More
Caribou Crossing Trading Post is found just north of the historic village of Carcross in Yukon Territory, Canada. An area renowned for its roots in the Gold Rush, Caribou Crossing is just around the corner from historic Lake Bennett and the Chilkoot Trail.
This southern gate to Yukon's interior and the gold fields saw thousands of stampeders pass through during the heyday of the Klondike Gold Rush.
Now it's your turn to experience the thrill of a trip to Yukon Territory where it all took place. Just 1½ hours north of Skagway, Alaska, and 45 minutes south of Whitehorse, Yukon, on the South Klondike Highway, Caribou Crossing is also the home of the "Museum of Yukon Natural History" and the new "Caribou Cafe".
We specialize in serving up a fresh, hot BBQ lunch daily. Be sure to stop by and join us for a homemade meal and stick around for one of our many onsite activities. We offer dogcart rides with a fleet of local huskies, gold panning, an antique photo studio, mini golf, and an extensive gift shop featuring the finest local Yukon-made artwork and gifts.
- "Best wildlife museum I have ever been to!"
- Andrew H. - Sacramento, CA
- "Great food, great service, great displays! Second time around."
- Gary B. - Toronto, ON
- "Loved the sled dog ride and the interaction with the adorable puppies. Thanks for a great lunch and an educational wildlife display."
- Brenna P. - Charleston, SC
- "A gorgeous drive from Skagway and perfect stopping point along the way. The wildlife museum is a must-see attraction."
- Debbie T. - Cheshire, England
- "The staff is extremely friendly and made us feel right at home. They even recommended some great areas nearby for photos."
- Jeff M. - Dallas, TX